This box turned out pretty square. I decided to stain it but that looked awful. Note to self: don't stain pine. So I went ahead and put oil primer over it and painted it off white. I sanded with 320 grit in between layers and it is very smooth. I then decided to put trim around the edges. Mostly for looks and to soften sharp edges. It is way more work than I expected to be honest but it does look cute. In the spaces and gaps I put paintable caulk. So far it has taken forever to dry (7-14 days ugh). The caulk however appears to contract or shrink so I will have to put on another coat. Between the hammering and removing oddly placed nails I have to repaint the trim which was something I wanted to avoid. It honestly appears like this project is going to take a while to finish. But then again we are not in a hurry.



No comments:
Post a Comment